Residential and Commercial Solar
- New Federal, State, and local tax credits offer large incentives, and can reduce the cost of a solar system by 30% – 60%.
- A domestic hot water system for a family of 2 can be less than $3,500 out of pocket, pay for itself within 5-8 years, and double your solar investment in 10 years, with basically free solar heat for the next 20-30 years.
- Decrease your utility bills for the 25-30+ year expected life span of the system!
- Solar power is a renewable resource. Your solar energy won’t contribute to resource scarcity for your children and their children.
- Buying a solar system is like buying 30 years of energy at a fixed price, The more energy prices go up, the more you smile…
DSS Home Web Site
DSS FAQ Web Site
- Producing your own energy is a source of satisfaction and independence.
- The National Real-Estate Association study estimates that your house will appreciate by $1,000 for every $100 of annual operating savings you create. Similar studies in the cooler climate areas say it appreciates by $2,000 per $100 saved annually.
- Solar energy is harvested locally and reduces the need for nuclear waste storage, giant mining operations, burning and transporting fossil fuels, and geopolitical dependencies.
The system normally pays for itself in the first few years of its life. The remaining 25-35 years is tax free money with fossil fuel prices going up from 10-15% per year.
Apples to Oranges—
With the growing industry of Solar Thermal Products, a lot of products are hitting the market that are not built correctly, efficient, tested, or certified by the SRCC. Therefore not qualifying for Federal and some State Tax Credits.
In your shopping, you will find simple Flat Plat Solar Collectors, or Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors for sale at your local hardware or plumbing supply store. Most Evac Tube Collectors sold cheaply in your local area are Evacuated U-Tube collectors and not Evacuated “Heat-Pipe” Solar Collectors, or Flat Plate Collectors. Only SRCC rated panels qualify for Federal and State Tax Credits. Also, Flat Plate collectors are not as efficient in cold climates. Be aware of your needs.
As much as 60% Federal and State Tax Credits are given in some areas for qualified Solar Thermal Systems. Our products would save you several thousand dollars in costs, with our designed, proper and qualified Solar Thermal Systems.
In new construction, including a solar hot water system for DHW and/or house heating, is very simple and can increase your profit margin and enhance the selling benefits. You can offer the 30% plus, tax credits to the potential new home buyer or commercial property owner as an additional incentive to buy your new structure. We will help you with the design, offer guidance, and customer service to assist you with your new solar install during construction.
Solar Hot Water Systems allow new housing construction, office buildings, apartment buildings, hotels and resorts all around the world the opportunity to lower their water heating costs, saving hundreds, or thousands of dollars a year in operating costs. This money can then be reinvested into other aspects of operation, including marketing, additional staffing and growth, or to develop new amenities to offer customers or guests. A Solar Hot Water System has many uses:
- Domestic Hot Water (laundry, cleaning, showers, etc)
- Solar Radiant Space Heating
- In floor radiant heating
- Baseboard radiant heating
- Forced hot air heating
- Solar Central Cooling/AC Systems
- Solar Pool & Spa Heating
- Snow/Ice Melting Applications
- Parking Lots
- Common Public Locations
In fact, many customers are commercial clients who use larger Solar Hot Water Systems to lower their operating costs and provide added profitability in today’s economy. These commercial clients are leading the way in pursuing a greener, cleaner, more cost-effective business culture in America. And these customers are reaping the benefits, saving hundreds, or thousands, of dollars every year.
- Hotels & Resorts
- Apartment & Condo Complexes
- Car Washes
- Sports Facilities
- Campsites & RV Parks
Solar Hot Water Systems are also in use by:
- The United States Government
- State, Local and Regional Governments and Municipalities
- Fortune 500 Companies
- Leaders in Commerce and Industry
- International Governments
- Resorts and Vacation Destinations
DogStar Solar, Inc Po Box 409, Conifer, CO 80433 720-446-0851 fax
Some Areas or Graphics Reprinted with Permission: Silicon Solar Inc, Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved DogStar Solar Inc, Copyright 2009